Texas is afraid of ice

It’s 9:00 when the phone rings, and when I see that the school is calling, I scream: SNOW DAY! Of course, Texas is afraid of snow and ice, so I was at least expecting a late start day. Even the slightest chance of sleet, and we stop everything we’re doing to work the “chaos” into our schedule. I’m fine with it, though–No school is always better than a late start!

One of the reasons why everybody freaks out about the ice is because we just aren’t used to it. If we were, the city would have a crew pour salt and sand for traction and for melting the snow/ice. But because we aren’t prepared, the ice just sits on the road and screws with everybody’s day.

Another thing wrong about this whole situation is that the school is treating ice like a major catastrophe. Why? Compared to what happened to the people on the east coat who literally were frozen into their homes, this is nothing other than a minor setback.
We need to stop treating this ice situation so seriously.

I honestly think that if we got a real ice storm, it would be for the best. Maybe then we can finally stop freaking out about tiny patches of ice!

2 thoughts on “Texas is afraid of ice

1. I agree, why are we making such a big deal out of a tiny bit of ice or snow. They have even cancelled a day of school because it was “cold.” And when we did actually have somewhat of a winter storm they didn’t cancel school. A day when there are icicles on my house=late start. A day where it is “cold”= School is canceled.

2. I just don’t think anyone in Texas is found of the cold. If they are able to stay out of it then they will, including my self.